Monday, November 13, 2017

The World I Want to See - AIC Student Visions

Students in Professor Nordell's Visual and Digital Arts classes received the following assignment:

As we have been discussing in class, art impacts society and society impacts art.  Therefore, making conscious decisions about what imagery to look at (ingest) is really important for human and artistic development.  In this spirit, think about what images you would like to see.  Imagine what you would like the world to look like.  For you, what is The World I Want to See? Spend some time thinking about this.  I suggest that you take some notes, write down some ideas, meditate on the question. 

Here are student creations:

Unity by Damahya Coeur 

"The world that I want to see is a world where there is diversity and love regardless of skin color. Everyone should be valued no matter their roots or where they come from. People should be able to come together to accomplish anything because history shows that union shows power!"

Libertarianism by Ethan Murray 

"The Porcupine often symbolizes the Libertarian Party.  I believe the theory behind it is that porcupines only attack when provoked.  Just as libertarians believe in personal freedoms and don't want individual rights infringed on."

#MikeBrown by Aryanna Lounds

"No Justice.  No Peace."

We Don't See Each By Race but Through Love - Qubilah Felix

"This picture is my family heading to church on Sunday. We took a family photo. What I loved about taking this picture is that my family is a melting pot of different cultures. Here you have my brother-in-law who is French, my nephew is Dominican and Panamanian, and my cousin is African. I want the world to see each other not by the color of their skin but notice each other through similarities, their personality."

A Rainbow of Peace by Justin Raposa

"A world of Nature, Love, Technology, Health, Equality and Family."

Child and Leaf by Nadezhda Ciubotaru

"I want to see a world where we care about nature."

What is the world that you want to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment