Friday, April 3, 2020

The World I Want to See: AIC Student Photographic Visions of Hope and Unity in the Era of Covid-19


Photo and text by Beatriz

I went out of the house, during these quarantine times, to breathe fresh air and clear my mind off of isolation. I wanted to take a picture of something that could inspire people for hope and faith in the future. This is a picture that in my opinion shows exactly what I wanted to show. I wanted to transmit the message that although these are tough times, we need to be strong and focus on the good things we can accomplish and once we are able to go outside again freely, this is what I want all of us to see, the sun, the light at the end and the beauty of nature. Because, in nature, everything comes in a circle, so after the dark, it will come the light.

Photo and text by Chris

I want to see a world filled with color! A place that allows for people from different ethnic backgrounds and countries to be in solidarity. In times like these, we tend to look at the worst case scenarios and negatives of situations. This life can be beautiful. If we can sit down and look at what is in front of us, we can be inspired.

Photo and Text by Blake

Niagara falls is located 10 minutes from my house. I want to see where everyone is outside again, jammed packed so you cannot even get a good picture of the falls. I was the corona virus to disappear. I was the only one there.

Photo and text by Elijiah

I took this photo outside my house. I know times are hard right now. As I was taking this photo I saw some dead​ leaves and it made me think of how the world is dead right now with everyone being quarantined inside. In the end, the world I want to see is everyone to be those bright white flowers that will grow from this!

Photo and text by Isaiah

During quarantine, I decided to still go on out for some fresh air and go for a small jog at the Whiting Reservoir Trail Head, located in Holyoke, Massachusetts. I want to see the world with completely filled up trails as usual, once this COIVD-19 is eliminated from existence. It was very awkward and extremely depressing to not spot a single visitor. It felt empty and dark.

Photo and text by Gabriella

For the world I want to see, I tried taking a shallow depth image of the overgrowth of the plants in my house.  To me, I want a world much like this one where we can all grow to our fullest potential but to do it together. A lot of the foliage of our plants overlap, some grow up the walls, but they're all happy and healthy, doing their best. I think the world I want to see is one where people are able to grow and mature.

None of these plants are in bloom currently, however, there is still beauty in the leaves. For me, this pertains to the world I'd want to see as well because I feel like every single day we all work constantly to be better versions of ourself, and like plants waiting to bloom, we should appreciate the beauty of the process in ourselves and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment